Following completion of an audit, the Hub has the capacity to allocate funding to enable schools to undertake training and purchase resources for their chosen phonics programme. This is up to a maximum of £3000 match funded or £6000 if your school meets two of the following criteria:
- The last published Phonics Screening Check result is below the published national average.
- The school has an Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate.
- The numbers of pupils eligible for pupil premium is above the most recent published national average.
- The school is in an Opportunity Area.
Funding can be used to purchase training and resources but schools must agree to use one of the SSP programmes on the validated list. These are:
- Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters
- Phonics International
- Jolly Phonics
- Phonics Bug
- Sounds Discovery
- Sounds Together
- Read Write Inc.
- Letters and Sounds
We do not promote one SSP programme above others.