Family Support Worker
Hello! My name is Joanne Gilmour and I am the Family Support Worker in school.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
I can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
Cumbria Domestic Violence
A Champions network has been set up in Cumbria to improve community and organisational responses to violence. I am a trained domestic violence champion and this enables me:
- To be a point of contact for information relating to domestic violence.
- To raise awareness of domestic violence/abuse.
- To ensure that up to date and accessible information is available in relation to referral processes and services for victims.
- To ensure that leaflets and posters are displayed and available.
How to get in touch:
I am normally based in school every morning from 8.30am and can be available in the afternoons by arrangement.
Please call the school office on 01946 820234 to make an appointment or pop in and I will be happy to see you as soon as I can.
I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org