Our Aims and Ethos
Our over-riding aim is to maintain a happy, stimulating and challenging school environment with outstanding pastoral care and support. There is significant emphasis upon praise and encouragement which enables our pupils to thrive, develop confidence and feel secure. Every member of the school community is valued, regardless of race, gender, sexuality or ability and the unique character and personality of each child is nurtured and developed.
We encourage all pupils to be the best that they can be and the whole school community works together to achieve this.
On our own we are great, but together we are amazing!
It is our vision that all of our pupils will:
- Be enthused and engaged in their learning;
- Achieve the highest possible standards of attainment;
- Develop self esteem and confidence which enables them to achieve their full potential;
- Achieve self-discipline and commitment so that they can become highly motivated life long learners;
- Develop positive attitudes towards all aspects of school life, setting high standards for themselves;
- Experience equality of opportunity, feel valued and safe within a caring, nurturing environment;
- Have respect for others and their community and appreciate the diversity of individuals, groups and nations in our world;
- Develop the skills and attributes necessary for adult life;
- Make a positive contribution as members of the school community and wider world;
- Appreciate the need for and value a healthy lifestyle.