Everyday Materials – Children learn the difference between natural and man made materials and what their identifying properties are.
How do our favourite toys and games compare with those of children in the 1960s?
The children will learn all about how toys have changed over the years.
Design and Technology
Constructing a windmill – The children will learn all about windmills and will construct one using a net of a cylinder.
Pulse and Rhythm – the children will learn all about pulse and rhythm by clapping in time, playing the pulse and creating a rhythm.
Storytime Dance – the children learn a Goldilocks rap with actions.
Brilliant Ball Skills- the children will learn how to use the underarm and overarm throw and to catch a ball from a bounce.
Safety and the changing body- the children will learn all about:
- how to respond safely and appropriately to adults they may encounter whom they do not know
- how to recognise and report bad feelings of being unsafe or feeling about any adult
- how to make a clear and efficient call to emergency services if necessary
- the facts about legal and illegal harmful substances and their associated risks
- that each person’s body belongs to them and the differences between appropriate and inappropriate or unsafe physical, and other, contact.
Jesus as a Friend – The children are learning to identify when it is easy and difficult to show friendship and to explore when Jesus may have found it difficult.