School to School Collaboration
Working together to enhance the life chances of our pupils
We are part of a cluster of local schools and the purpose of this cluster group is to work together to achieve the highest outcomes and aspirations for our pupils, parents, staff and wider community.
Our cluster aims:
- To identify and share expertise, strengths and resources to improve provision and raise educational standards.
- To develop mutual trust, respect and understanding of the work and contribution of each individual school to the experience of our learners.
- To promote collaboration amongst all staff and learners across the cluster schools.
- To provide support to individual head teachers and develop leadership across the cluster.
- To ensure effective communication of local information to parents and provide support for families in need.
- To take advantage of opportunities to achieve 'best value for money' when sourcing supplies and services.
- To identify collaborative projects that impact upon pupils' learning and give them opportunities to meet before transition to the next stage of their education.
- To increase the opportunities to extend and enrich the school curriculum.
What we do:
Leaders of all cluster schools meet half termly with a thorough and diverse agenda. On occasions, this includes visiting speakers who contribute to the support and improvement process. Within this cluster schools are organised into smaller peer support groups which allows us to focus more closely on the particular improvement needs of individual schools. Orgill is in a peer support group with Frizington Primary and St Patrick's Catholic Primary.