Our showcases will demonstrate elements of best practice in the teaching of reading. These half day workshops will provide all participants with the opportunity to share best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics whilst promoting a love of reading.
- Introductory presentation by the Headteacher explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading success in the school.
- Understanding the Ofsted 'Deep Dive' into reading.
- A learning walk to see best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, evidence of how our school embeds a love of reading & the development of early language acquisition.
- Presentation from the English Hub Lead explaining the fundamentals of high quality phonics provision.
- How to choose and use resources effectively in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics
- Follow up email/ telephone conversations/materials for further support after the show case (potential to access funding for resources/ training)
Who should attend?
Showcase events are aimed at headteachers and other senior leaders. Leaders may also be accompanied by reception and key stage 1 teachers (up to 2 participants per school). You may be eligible to claim cover costs for attendance.