In September 2018, the DfE appointed 32 English Hub schools across England to support other schools to deliver excellent early language and phonics teaching in reception and Key Stage 1.
We are delighted to announce that Orgill Primary School is one of the chosen 32 schools and has responsibility for establishing an English Hub in Cumbria.
We are now in the process of establishing the Orgill English Hub and we will soon be recruiting schools to receive support and funding for resources.
Any school can request support from an English Hub and the DfE has identified a number of schools across Cumbria and Lancashire that they would like targeted initially. However, if there is more demand than capacity, hubs will select schools to receive support based on the school's capacity to improve, the level of need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support Orgill English Hub will provide includes:
- Two free places, per school, at Showcase Events. These will be held half termly.
- A review of action planning following attendance at a Showcase Event.
- Potential funding of up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources. This may be match funded or fully funded depending upon the circumstances of the school. Resources must meet certain criteria.
- A full audit of a school's early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our Literacy Specialists and support with further action planning.
- Up to six days of school-to-school support led by one of our experienced Literacy Specialists over the period of a year.
There is no charge for support provided and we may be able to assist with travel costs.